Tunnelblick is a ready-to-use graphical open source VPN client for Mac OS X. It provides easy control of Ace SSL VPN client connections.
For Mac OS X Tiger (10.4) and up
The current version of Tunnelblick, 3.1, is recommended for everyone using OS X 10.4 and up on any Mac. It works on PPC and Intel. (For a list of advantages of version 3.1, see the What’s New page at http://code.google.com/p/tunnelblick/wiki/WhatsNew).
- Download Tunnelblick from http://code.google.com/p/tunnelblick/wiki/DownloadsEntry?tm=2 and launch it.
- Copy the Ace VPN configuration files to ~/Library/Application Support/Tunnelblick/Configurations. ~/ is your home directory
- For example, if your “short username” is “johnsmith”, it goes in /Users/johnsmith/Library/Application Support/Tunnelblick/Configurations.
- Make sure the configuration files, certificates and keys are under ~/Library/Application Support/Tunnelblick/Configurations and not ~/Library/Application Support/Tunnelblick/Configurations/AceVPN_Configuration_Windows_OSX
- If you don’t see Library folder under your home directory, it’s most likely hidden. Open terminal window and input the command
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE && killall Finderand hit return
- Launch Tunnelblick and connect to acevpn-premium-udp-faster or the config of your choice. To illustrate the connection being established, three dots will appear in the tunnel menu item. If the connection was successfully created, you will see light at the end of the tunnel
- Enter your username and password when prompted. Both username and password are case-sensitive. Make sure there are no extra spaces in both username and password.
- Make sure you disable “Monitor Connection” under Details in your Tunnelblick menu to avoid constant restarts
The connection will be active as long as you do not end it or log out of your computer. Putting your computer to sleep or losing contact to the server (by lack of wlan signal, for example) will result in Tunnelblick’s attempt to re-establish the connection.
Use “Disconnect” from the drop-down menu to end the VPN connection; use “Quit” to leave the program and to prevent Tunnelblick from starting itself at your next login at your computer.
For Mac OS X Panther (10.3)
- Download and install Tunnelblick from http://tunnelblick.googlecode.com/files/Tunnelblick-Panther-2.0.1.dmg
- Run Tunnelblick once and quit. ~/Library/openvpn/ folder will be created in the User home directory
- Copy the Ace VPN configuration files to ~/Library/openvpn/
- Launch Tunnelblick and connect to acevpn-premium-udp-faster if you are premium vpn subscriber or acevpn-free-udp-faster if you are a free vpn user to connect to the network
- Enter your username and password when prompted
How do I uninstall Tunnelblick?
Simply move the Tunnelblick.app icon to the trash. There are no other files installed into the system. In case you are wondering: the tun/tap kernel extensions are contained within the .app package and will be loaded only when needed directly from there.
Download Ace SSL VPN Configuration files
Click here to download the vpn configuration files
Download Ace SSL VPN Client Source Code
Click here to download the source code for the Ace SSL VPN Client for free.