Acevpn IKEv2 VPN servers use Elliptic curve encryption. The following is a step-by-step guide on how to install Ace VPN connection using the IPSEC Internet Key Exchange (IKEv2) protocol on Microsoft Windows 8. Installation instructions for Windows 7 is similar.
- Download and import Acevpn Root CA.
- Setup Windows 8 / Windows 10 Network connection.
- Download IKEv2 certificate from Members area and save it to a temp folder eg. C:\Acevpn.
Open Certificate manager
Start -> Run: mmc.exe
- Run mmc as administrator. Hit OK
- MMC console opens
- Menu: File -> Add/Remove Snap-in
- Under Available snap-ins, select Certificates and press Add > button.
- Select Computer Account for the certificates to manage. Press Next.
- Select Local Computer and press Finish.
- Press OK to return to the management console.
Import the certificate:
Select: Console Root -> Certificates (Local Computer)
- Continue and select: Trusted Root Certification Authorities -> Certificates.
- Right click on Certificates and select All Tasks -> Import
- Follow the import wizard and import your certificate normally.
Configure IKEv2 Client Connection on Windows 8
Start: Search Network and Sharing
- In the Network and Sharing Center choose Set up a new connection or network and as a connection option select Connect to a workplace
- Click on Use my Internet connection (VPN)
- Input Ace VPN Server IP address. The destination name string can be chosen freely – let’s call the connection Acevpn IKEv2 Atlanta and hit Create.
- Choose Change Adapter Settings link
- Right click on newly created connection and choose Properties
- Switch to Security tab. Choose Type of VPN: IKEv2, Data Encryption: Require, Authentication: Microsoft: Secured password (EAP-MSChAP v2). Leave rest to its default values.
- Start VPN connection
- Input your VPN username and password
- VPN Connected. Enjoy your secure and private internet service.
- Check your IP address on www.acevpn.com to confirm that your IP has changed.