Get super user rights
Install the necessary binary packages.
apt-get install network-manager-openvpn network-manager-pptp openvpn
- Click on NetworkManager icon and choose VPN Connections… then Configure VPN
- Click on "Add" button
- For the "Gateway" choose one of the "remote" servers in the conf file
- For the "Type" Choose "Passwords with Certificates (TLS)"
- Enter your assigned username and password
- Choose the correct User Certificate, CA Certificate and Private Key (leave the Private Key Password empty). The files can be downloaded from the members area.
- Click on the "Advanced…" button
- Under "General" choose Use Custom Gateway Port 443
- Check the "Use LZO data compression" box
- The Network Manager handles everything including swapping the DNS routers in /etc/resolv.conf
Connect to Ace VPN. Visit acevpn.com home page in your browser to check your public IP address. If the IP has changed your Acevpn connection is active.
Note: This would use only 1 vpn server instead of all the servers we offer. In case the gateway you added goes down or is inaccessible you will have to manually switch to a different gateway. Also its preferred to create a separate profile for each server.