In the recent times, several popular websites have been blocked for the expats in China.
The Great Firewall is the censorship apparatus of China that restricts over 700 million online viewers from accessing sensitive data on issues like Tiananmen Square incidence or facts concerning Tibet.
An intense censorship drive has compelled China to hold the ‘World Internet conference’ in the recent times. Blocking of a few eminent social media sites, Google, and the steps undertaken by the Chinese government are the outcomes of such advanced censorship.
This means you won’t be able to access some of your most popular social media sites like that of Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook. Besides being restricted from communicating with your friends and relatives, you won’t also be able to access all Google services, WhatsApp.
The Chinese users are not left with any option other than using the World Wide Web that hardly shows any resemblance towards uncensored materials that they used to enjoy earlier.
Now, do you find yourself among users that are worried about how the internet censorship can be bypassed? Are you wondering how you may overcome the extra layer of protection created by the Great Firewall? Are you feeling helpless about identifying the best VPN service in China?
China has exercised full control over online access since the 1990s. In an attempt to edge past the Firewall, the Chinese developers are working towards creating a few advanced tools.
OpenVPN is mostly blocked with Deep Packet Inspection (DPI). Some OpenVPN server, protocol and port combination may work depending on your Internet Service Provider. Protocols like IPSEC IKEv2, IKEv1, L2TP and Stealth VPN (based on OpenVPN and Tor’s Obfs) continue to work for now.
Few VPN Service Providers offer modified OpenVPN to get connected. Such code is usually not audited and may open up your computer or device for attacks.
There are few solutions to tunnel through Great Firewall of China. Your Acevpn account includes all these VPN protocols.
- IKEv2 VPN: Works on all major operating systems, phones, tablets – Windows, Mac, Linux, IOS (iPhone and iPad), Android, Windows Phone and BlackBerry. Always-On VPN is supported on Windows, Mac, iPhone and iPad.
- IPSEC IKEv1: Natively supported on most devices. Many businesses still use IKEv1 with Cisco.
- OpenVPN with Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC): We have UDP and TCP servers running on port 1109. Works on all major devices, operating systems and routers.
- Stealth VPN: Based on Tor’s Obfs proxy, it makes VPN traffic appear like HTTPS. Works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
- L2TP: Another popular protocol natively supported on most devices, handhelds and OS.